Need fun things to do at a teenage sleepover? Includes fun sleepover ideas, teen sleepover themes, fun games at sleepovers — including what to do at a high school sleepover to make fun party memories and keep teens from getting bored! If you’re wondering what do 15 year olds do at sleepovers (or 16 year old teens), these teen fun-filled slumber party ideas are for you!
Fun Things To Do At A Teenage Sleepover Party
Best Things To Do At Teenage Sleepovers
Sleepover Games and Activities for Teens:
- TikTok Challenge contest
- Truth or Dare
- Photo scavenger hunt (with party prizes!)
- Video game marathon
- Zombie Escape Room
- Insta booth
- Teen board games (see teen game list)
- Spin the Nail Polish
- Never Have I Ever game
- Dungeons and Dragons
- Would Your Rather Teen Version
- Girl Talk game
- Influencer talent show
- Ghost games
- Spa night / Makeover Party / Spa Birthday Party
- Blindfolded Makeover
- Art and craft table
- Nailed It! baking or decorating contest
- Water balloon fight (outdoors, of course)
- Watch favorite teen sleepover movies
Don’t miss the full list of details for fun ideas for teen sleepover activities below! Keep scrolling for full list of teen girl sleepover ideas and dude sleepovers!
Whether you’re wondering what to do at a sleepover age 16 or things to do at sleepovers for 15 year olds, this will help with sleepover things to do! (Huge list of what to do when at a sleepover that will keep them having fun!)
And, these work for fun things to do at a sleepover for teenage girl or teen boy sleepover!
ALSO CHECK THESE OUT FOR TEEN SLEEPOVER IDEAS & TEEN PARTY TIPS (more teenager sleepover ideas!):
So, what do teenagers do at sleepovers?
Let’s get to our list of fun things to do during a teenage sleepover and themes for what to do at sleepovers (fun for theme birthday slumber party ideas and fun games to play at sleepovers, too!).
What do teenagers do for fun at a sleepover? (11 Themes for Teenage Slumber Party Ideas)
What do teens do on a sleepover or what are awesome high school sleepover ideas?
Sometimes it’s hard to come up with things to do at a sleepover for teenagers because, well, there’s lots of eye-rolling. That’s way we’ve put together a wide range of things to do in a sleepover. Go with the party theme we’ve listed or pick and choose different ideas from different themes.
PRO TIP: Before hosting a sleepover, brainstorm with your teen about party themes and party activity ideas so everyone is on the same page and you can set expectations. Be sure you plan for late night activities in your ideas for sleepovers and day after sleepover day, too! Coming up with things for teens to do at a sleepover will reduce any teen drama or mean girl drama!
Here are fun teen slumber party ideas and party games for 13 year olds and up and teenage sleepover activities that keeps them from getting bored!
NOTE ABOUT SLEEPOVER ACTIVITIES TEENS: Some of these may work for sleepover activities for tweens (or middle school sleepover ideas), but use your judgment — whether it be for things to do at a girls sleepover or a boy sleepover!
Teen Sleepover Ideas #1: Have TikTok Challenges or an Instagram Influencer Party Theme
If you’re wondering what do teens do at sleepovers, the answer of course is that they stay on their phones.
If you’re having teens sleepover, you have to factor in phone activities and social media!
Fun things to do at a sleepover for teens with tech:
- Set up cool recording areas with lighting package like this and fun backdrops
- Have funny photo props
- Include some fun influencer dress up items
- Have extra charging stations so they can easily charge their devices
- Include a WIFI Password sign like this
GET MORE TIKTOK SLEEPOVER IDEAS (What to do in a sleepover that’s trending.)
Teen Sleepover Ideas #2: Play Teen Board Games
Teen party games don’t have to be boring! In fact, these ain’t your mama’s board games, so have fun hosting a teen game night.
(Yes, even for older teens — fun games to play at a sleepover for 16 year olds or if you’re wondering what to do at a sleepover age 15!)
Honestly, the sleepover games teens will like will vary by group. You will need to look to your teenager for direction on this. (And, not only that, sleepover ideas for teenage girls may differ than party games for male sleepover ideas for teenagers.)
Check out these fun games to do at sleepovers…
TEEN GAME NIGHT IDEAS:
- The Chameleon
- What Do You Meme TikTok Edition
- Dead Town Zombie Escape Room
- Beat That! Challenge Game
- Outrageous Party Game
- The Walking Dead Card Game
- Taboo Team
- Would You Rather? (Prove It!)
- Escape Room In A Box
- Dungeons and Dragons (get a D&D starter kit if you’re new to it and also a core rule kit for slumber party games for teens)
- Game of Thrones (The Board Game!)
- Epic Zombies Strategy Game
- READER TIP: Make your own board game to play at the sleepover! (Try this DIY board game kit to create fun sleepover games yourself!)
Let us know your favorite board games to play sleepover ideas.
MORE IDEAS FOR TEEN PARTY GAMES/ SLEEPOVER PARTY GAMES:
- Truth Or Dare
- Never Have I Ever
- Two Truths and a Lie
- Blind Makeover Game
- 10 Questions
- Teen Saran Wrap Ball Game (one of our favorite sleep over games / parties games and fun for birthday sleepover party ideas!)
- Sticky Note Game Story
Don’t discount these for fun things to do at sleepovers for teens, tool! Check them out!
Also check out: FUN YOUTH GAMES
(Let us know your favorite games for sleepovers so we can add it to our list!)
Teen Sleepover Ideas #3: Have a Pillow Fight
It seems cliche, but you really can build a super fun sleepover party theme around pillow fights (and it’s one of those silly fun things to do on sleepovers)!
For teenage sleepover room ideas for this theme, you can fill a room with different pillows and fun indoor pillow fight items (indoor snow balls, body bumpers, etc!
Fun Things To Do At A Sleepover Teens Pillow Fight Theme:
- Get a few cheap pillows for pillow fighting
- Create a pillow obstacle course
- But together fun pajama favor bags
- Make DIY pillowcases or tie dye pillow cases that they can take home as party favors
- Play the Pillow Fight board game
If you want to create another layer of pillow fight fun, add an indoor snowball fight for fun things to do at a sleepover teenagers ideas!
Teen Sleepover Ideas #4: Have Scavenger Hunts
Scavenger hunts are so fun because they work for a variety of ages, themes and locations.
For your teen party scavenger hunts for sleepover ideas teens try:
- Photo scavenger hunt (points for different things they have on their phones)
- Selfie scavenger hunt
- Scavenger hunt in a box
- Community/park scavenger hunt (for community landmarks)
- Outdoor (backyard) scavenger hunt
- Nighttime cemetery scavenger hunt, especially if you’re looking for fun things to do at a sleepover at night (This will spice things up if you’re wondering what to do at a teenage sleepover when they’re bored! Just be sure there’s an adult tagging along to supervise!)
PRO TIP: A phone scavenger hunt is something that you can have ready to go for things to do when bored at a sleepover. It works for things to do at a sleepover for teen girls or teen guys!
Teen Sleepover Ideas #5: Host a Dance Party
A dance party or a rock party theme is a super fun teenager party theme!
Fun things to do at a teen sleepover for dance parties:
- Have your teens make a favorite music playlist
- Don’t forget Bluetooth speakers with party lights
- Set up an area for TikTok dance challenges
- Get party disco lights (we love these with remotes)
- Do some dance challenges with this dance mat
- Play Dance Charades for a fun sleepover game
This is one of those popular trending teen sleep over ideas!
Teen Sleepover Ideas #6: Do a Fashion Theme Party
What To Do At A Teen Sleepover For Teenagers Who Love Fashion:
- Have everyone dress up in their favorite fashion looks for a red carpet entrance (get a rollout red carpet to create the mood!)
- Have a professional photographer (or a friend) take photos and print them out to give to the partygoers
- Compete in a tissue paper or toilet paper fashion: have a contest to see who can make the best fashion out of tissue paper and/or toilet paper
- Use backdrops and different decorations for fashion picture stations
- Create an indoor runway to walk their fashions
DON’T MISS THESE FOR A TEEN HOLIDAY SLEEPOVER PARTY OR OTHER FUN THINGS TO DO WHEN AT A SLEEPOVER:
Teen Sleepover Ideas #7: Have Fun With Food
Have teenagers who are really into cooking, baking, or love watching cooking shows?
This was my daughter’s favorite teenage girl sleepover ideas because they had so much fun!
This is one of those good things to do at a sleepover if you have foodie friends or looking for sleepover fun things to do with cooking.
Fun food sleepover ideas for teen girls and guys:
- Have a Blind Taste Test: Create cups of funny or weird foods and see if people can guess them while blindfolded (for some reason, the grosser the better for teenage sleepover party ideas!)
- Host a cooking or baking challenge where everyone has to make a dish and present it to judges (don’t forget to giveaway prizes!)
- Decorate cupcakes and give prizes for different categories (messiest, most colorful, best tasting, etc.)
- Watch favorite cooking shows (Top Chef, Nailed It!, etc.) or have them playing in the background
- Play the Master Chef Cooking Game (it’s a younger age game, but I think it would be fun sleepover games teenage ideas, too)
- Create an amazing graze table
- Make favor bags with vintage candies or fill a cool oven mitt with cooking related items or baking mixes, etc.
FUN SLEEPOVER TIP: Need creative things to do at midnight at a sleepover? Try this flying magic wish paper and let teens send wishes up into the universe! (Super creative things to do at sleep overs!)
Teen Sleepover Ideas #8: Have a Video Game Marathon (Girl and Boy Sleepover Ideas!)
You probably can’t go wrong with a video game sleepover for teenagers. I mean, it’s just carrying over their normal routine into sleepover activities teenagers party!
(And, this isn’t just a guy sleepover party theme! It’s fun for things to do at a teenage girl sleepover, too!)
Sleepover games for teens – video game theme party:
- Put on invitations to bring game consoles and tablets with games
- Decorate with video game theme items like these
- Set up different gaming stations with different video games (let them know you’re open to sleepover ideas teenage video games to download ahead of time)
- Be sure to have a mix of gaming floor chairs, bean bags, pillows and floor cushions so teens can get comfy
- Look for funny group games like You Don’t Know Jack (has some inappropriate/mature content, but is really fun things to do for sleepovers and funny for older teen girls sleepover ideas and guy sleepovers) – it’s our vote for older teenage sleepover games
- Encourage lots of breaks with fun video game theme snacks and drinks
Let us know your favorite video game things to do on a sleepover and fun sleepover games for teens and we’ll add them to our list!
Teen Sleepover Ideas #9: Create a Charity Challenge
A super cool thing teens can do during a sleepover is a charity challenge.
Have them pick a charity (or even a couple of different charities). Then, during the sleepover, have them use their social media to raise money for those charities.
PRO PARTY TIP: Prepare a list of local charities and what they do to give teenagers ideas on how to help.
Give away fun prizes (one who raised most money total, one who had largest single donation, one who got a donation first, etc.).
Teens can also use this time as a way to come up with a plan for regular community service as a group!
(This is another one of my favorite things to do at teen sleepovers and teenagers enjoy the friendly competition, too!)
If you’re looking for sleepover ideas for older teens — like sleepover ideas for 17 year olds and 18 year olds — this is a great theme party!
It’s also a great idea if you’re wondering what to do on a sleepover with your best friend (or things to do at a sleepover with your cousin) or if you need 2 person sleepover ideas / things to do at a sleepover with 3 people because you can easily continue the work after the slumber party with a small group!
(I love this for birthday sleepover ideas because many kids today want to give back for birthdays!)
Teen Sleepover Ideas #10: Take The Party Outside!
We’ve covered a lot of things to do at a sleepover inside, but what about outdoor sleepovers?
These are all great ideas and outdoor party games for 13 year olds and up, so get them out and about with these slumber party ideas for teens.
Outdoor Sleepover Activities For Teens:
- Capture the Flag: Grab a flag set (bonus for a glow in the dark one like this!). The first team to capture the opposing team’s flag and bring it safely back to their own wins. (Make sure to give out prizes!)
- Jello Fight: Fill a baby pool with Jell-o, have everyone get into their bathing suits or casual clothes and have a food fight! (Be sure to hose everyone off before they come inside!)
- Zombie Nerf Wars
- Ghost games: Nighttime (supervised) cemetery walk / Ghosts in the Graveyard, ghost stories around a bonfire, etc. (and other crazy things to do with your best friend at a sleepover)
- Teen trampoline sleepover: get ideas here! (This is popular for outdoor fun activities for a sleepover for kids!)
- Have a campout sleepover complete with bonfire and outdoor camping food.
Teen Sleepover Ideas #11: Teen Movie Night Marathon Sleepover
Binge watching movies and favorite TV shows are perfect things to do at a teen sleepover because you can watch entire series or several different shows or movies!
(Don’t forget to include in movie games for stuff to do at sleepovers!)
Try these for a movie night slumber party and fun thing to do at sleepovers:
- Tell everyone to dress as their favorite movie character on the sleepover invitation. Have a movie level red carpet (complete with “paparazzi” taking photos). (This is one of my favorite ideas for what to do at a sleepover for teens!)
- Get a movie quality popcorn machine like this and have a popcorn bar and candy bar.
- Give out awards for different funny movie categories as they watch the movies. (Dumbest line. Funniest quote. etc.)
- Binge the Scream series for scary movies. (Get more scary movie ideas here.)
- Watch Raya And The Last Dragon.
- READER TIP: Binge The Owl House (TOH) and have everyone come as their favorite TOH character.
- Binge Euphoria and have everyone come dressed in their favorite Euphoria character costumes.
- Watch Luca.
- Watch Mean Girls (especially fun for things to do at a teen girl sleepover!).
- Have an 80s theme party and watch 80s movies (think: Breakfast Club, St. Elmo’s Fire, Pretty In Pink, 16 Candles, The Outsiders, etc.).
- Play movie trivia teen sleepover games or guess the movie quote game.
If you need chill stuff to do at a sleepover, a classic movie night is it!
I personally love movie nights for things to do at an all nighter sleepover for teens because it’s fun and keeps them busy!
We’ll continue to add to our teen sleepover party list (including with your teen sleepover party ideas if you leave them in the comments), so bookmark this post!
READ THIS PARTY IDEA NEXT: Things To Do On A Virtual Sleepover
What are your favorite teenage sleepover ideas? What did we miss in our slumber party ideas for teenagers?
These are just a few ideas for what to do at a sleepover teens. There are 100 things to do at a sleepover for 13 year olds and up and what to do when your bored at a sleepover!
If you have more sleepover ideas for teens, please leave them in the comments and we’ll add the best sleepover ideas to our party list!