Need fun things to do at a teenage sleepover? Includes fun sleepover ideas, teen sleepover themes, fun games at sleepovers — including what to do at a high school sleepover to make fun party memories and keep teens from getting bored! If you’re wondering what do 15 year olds do at sleepovers (or 16 year old teens), these teen fun-filled slumber party ideas are for you!
Fun Things To Do At A Teenage Sleepover Party
Best Things To Do At Teenage Sleepovers
Sleepover Games and Activities for Teens:
- TikTok Challenge contest
- Truth or Dare
- Photo scavenger hunt (with party prizes!)
- Video game marathon
- Zombie Escape Room
- Insta booth
- Teen board games (see teen game list)
- Spin the Nail Polish
- Never Have I Ever game
- Dungeons and Dragons
- Would Your Rather Teen Version
- Girl Talk game
- Influencer talent show
- Ghost games
- Spa night / Makeover Party / Spa Birthday Party
- Blindfolded Makeover
- Art and craft table
- Nailed It! baking or decorating contest
- Water balloon fight (outdoors, of course)
- Watch favorite teen sleepover movies
Don’t miss the full list of details for fun ideas for teen sleepover activities below! Keep scrolling!
Whether you’re wondering what to do at a sleepover age 16 or things to do at sleepovers for 15 year olds, this will help! And, these work for fun things to do at a sleepover for teenage girl or teen boy sleepover!
ALSO CHECK THESE OUT FOR TEEN SLEEPOVER IDEAS & TEEN PARTY TIPS:
Let’s get to our list of fun things to do during a teenage sleepover!
What do teenagers do for fun at a sleepover?
What do teens do on a sleepover?
Here are fun teen slumber party ideas and party games for 13 year olds and up!
Teen Sleepover Ideas #1: Have TikTok Challenges or an Instagram Influencer Party Theme
If you’re having teens sleepover, you have to factor in phone activities and social media!
Fun things to do at a sleepover for teens with tech:
- Set up cool recording areas with lighting package like this and fun backdrops
- Have funny photo props
- Include some fun influencer dress up items
- Have extra charging stations so they can easily charge their devices
- Include a WIFI Password sign like this
Teen Sleepover Ideas #2: Play Teen Board Games
Teen party games don’t have to be boring! In fact, these ain’t your mama’s board games, so have fun hosting a teen game night.
TEEN GAME NIGHT IDEAS:
- The Chameleon
- What Do You Meme TikTok Edition
- Dead Town Zombie Escape Room
- Beat That! Challenge Game
- Outrageous Party Game
- The Walking Dead Card Game
- Taboo Team
- Would You Rather? (Prove It!)
- Escape Room In A Box
- Dungeons and Dragons (get a D&D starter kit if you’re new to it and also a core rule kit)
- Game of Thrones (The Board Game!)
- Epic Zombies Strategy Game
IDEAS FOR TEEN PARTY GAMES:
- Truth Or Dare
- Never Have I Ever
- Two Truths and a Lie
- 10 Questions
Don’t discount these for fun things to do at sleepovers for teens!
Teen Sleepover Ideas #3: Have a Pillow Fight
It seems cliche, but you really can build a super fun sleepover party theme around pillow fights:
- Get a few cheap pillows for pillow fighting
- Create a pillow obstacle course
- But together fun pajama favor bags
- Make DIY pillowcases or tie dye pillow cases that they can take home as party favors
- Play the Pillow Fight board game
If you want to create another layer of pillow fight fun, add an indoor snowball fight!
Teen Sleepover Ideas #4: Have Scavenger Hunts
Scavenger hunts are so fun because they work for a variety of ages, themes and locations.
For your teen party scavenger hunts try:
- Photo scavenger hunt (points for different things they have on their phones)
- Selfie scavenger hunt
- Scavenger hunt in a box
- Community/park scavenger hunt (for community landmarks)
- Outdoor (backyard) scavenger hunt
Teen Sleepover Ideas #5: Host a Dance Party
A dance party or a rock party theme is a super fun teenager party theme!
- Have your teens make a favorite music playlist
- Don’t forget Bluetooth speakers with party lights
- Set up an area for TikTok dance challenges
- Get party disco lights (we love these with remotes)
- Do some dance challenges with this dance mat
- Play Dance Charades
Teen Sleepover Ideas #6: Do a Fashion Theme Party
- Have everyone dress up in their favorite fashion looks for a red carpet entrance (get a rollout red carpet to create the mood!)
- Have a professional photographer (or a friend) take photos and print them out to give to the partygoers
- Compete in a tissue paper or toilet paper fashion: have a contest to see who can make the best fashion out of tissue paper and/or toilet paper
- Use backdrops and different decorations for fashion picture stations
- Create an indoor runway to walk their fashions
DON’T MISS THESE FOR A TEEN HOLIDAY SLEEPOVER PARTY:
Teen Sleepover Ideas #7: Have Fun With Food
Have teenagers who are really into cooking, baking, or love watching cooking shows?
- Have a Blind Taste Test: Create cups of funny or weird foods and see if people can guess them while blindfolded
- Host a cooking or baking challenge where everyone has to make a dish and present it to judges (don’t forget to giveaway prizes!)
- Decorate cupcakes and give prizes for different categories (messiest, most colorful, best tasting, etc.)
- Watch favorite cooking shows (Top Chef, Nailed It!, etc.) or have them playing in the background
- Play the Master Chef Cooking Game
- Create an amazing graze table
- Make favor bags with vintage candies or fill a cool oven mitt with cooking related items or baking mixes, etc.
Teen Sleepover Ideas #8: Have a Video Game Marathon
You probably can’t go wrong with a video game sleepover for teenagers!
- Put on invitations to bring game consoles and tablets with games
- Decorate with video game theme items like these
- Set up different gaming stations with different video games
- Be sure to have a mix of gaming floor chairs, bean bags, pillows and floor cushions so teens can get comfy
- Look for funny group games like You Don’t Know Jack (has some inappropriate/mature content, but is really fun and funny)
- Encourage lots of breaks with fun video game theme snacks and drinks
Teen Sleepover Ideas #9: Create a Charity Challenge
A super cool thing teens can do during a sleepover is a charity challenge. Have them pick a charity (or even a couple of different charities). Then, during the sleepover, have them use their social media to raise money for those charities. Give away fun prizes (one who raised most money total, one who had largest single donation, one who got a donation first, etc.).
Teens can also use this time as a way to come up with a plan for regular community service as a group!
Teen Sleepover Ideas #10: Take The Party Outside!
These are all great ideas and outdoor party games for 13 year olds and up!
- Capture the Flag: Grab a flag set (bonus for a glow in the dark one like this!). The first team to capture the opposing team’s flag and bring it safely back to their own wins. (Make sure to give out prizes!)
- Jello Fight: Fill a baby pool with Jell-o, have everyone get into their bathing suits or casual clothes and have a food fight! (Be sure to hose everyone off before they come inside!)
- Zombie Nerf Wars
- Ghost games: Nighttime (supervised) cemetery walk / Ghosts in the Graveyard, ghost stories around a bonfire, etc.
- Teen trampoline sleepover: get ideas here!
- Have a campout sleepover complete with bonfire and outdoor camping food.
What are your favorite teenage sleepover ideas?