Need Christmas Eve sleepover ideas or holiday slumber party themes? We’ll give you ideas for family Christmas gift exchange, Christmas party games, and sleepover fun that will add to your family Christmas ideas traditions!
FUN CHRISTMAS EVE SLEEPOVER IDEAS
A holiday sleepover party is a popular event for adults and children of all ages and will provide a memorable holiday experience they will remember for years to come.
If you have plans to have a Christmas sleepover party, these tips can help you create the best possible event.
Christmas Eve Sleepover Tips and Christmas Sleepover Ideas
What do you do at Christmas sleepovers?
- Give your guests their own stocking! Fill them with small treats or candy to put in by their bedside or under the tree when Santa comes.
- Serve an easy Christmas morning breakfast! For breakfast, serve breakfast pizza, a cereal and yogurt bar, or a make-ahead crockpot Christmas casserole.
- Have a gingerbread house decorating contest. Provide gingerbread houses for teams to decorate within a certain amount of time. Give out funny and fun gifts for Best House, Funniest, Messiest, etc.
- Have a tree trimming party! A Christmas Eve sleepover is the perfect time to decorate your home for Christmas. Get your guests in the festive spirit by including a tree trimming party as part of the festivities. You can even get everyone involved in making their own popcorn garland for the tree!
- Create a memorable ornament. A Christmas tree ornament craft is not only fun for all ages, but is also something that will give your guests memories for years to come! (We love this DIY Christmas ornament idea!)
- Wear Christmas pajamas. Make sure everyone wears their most festive holiday pajamas. You can give away favor bags with Christmas socks to all your guests.
- Do Christmas crafts. Christmas crafts are another way to get guests of all ages involved in activities. (Try these.)
- Play holiday games. The Christmas Saran Wrap Ball Game is our favorite because kids and adults have fun with it!
- Make reindeer food! (And then leave it out for Santa’s reindeer!) Grab cute free printable reindeer mix bag toppers here.
- Read Twas The Night Before Christmas. Then, make a Not A Creature Was Stirring craft.
- Put together easy craft bags for kids. We love these Do You Want to Build a Snowman gift bags.
- Watch holiday movies! SEE A LIST OF CHRISTMAS MOVIES FOR KIDS AND ADULTS
- Don’t forget the Christmas music! Christmas music is another way to add fun to the party. Include a playlist of favorite Christmas tunes. GET CHRISTMAS MUSIC IDEAS HERE
Christmas day is usually a busy, so do not plan too many activities on Christmas Day. Other than the meal, you can plan some games that your guests can play such as Christmas Bingo, or just let them chill after opening stockings.
Christmas Sleepover Themes
There are many different ways you can do a Christmas themed slumber party! You can do
traditional Christmas themes or even Christmas party dress up themes.
Here are some ideas for Christmas Eve sleepovers that will create everlasting memories for everyone involved!
(You can also use these as fun holiday pajama party theme names, too!)
ALSO CHECK OUT:
Christmas Party Theme Ideas 2021 / Secret Santa Themes
21 Fun Christmas Theme Ideas:
- Winter Wonderland
- Gingerbread House
- North Pole-Themed Party
- A Christmas Story Party
- Christmas Around The World
- Create Your Own Christmas Storybook (dress up as characters)
- Worst Christmas Present Party
- White Christmas
- 12 Days of Christmas Theme
- Ugly Christmas Pajama Sleepover
- Favorite Christmas Movie Character Dress-up
- Christmas Movie Marathon
- Winter Bonfire
- Christmas Candyland
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation Party
- Polar Express
- Christmas Beach Luau
- Charlie Brown Christmas
- Christmas Tree Trimming
- Hot Chocolate and Caroling Christmas Party
- Christmas Cookie Decorating Party
CHRISTMAS PARTY PLANNING TIP: Think about your favorite children’s Christmas book or movie and turn that into one of your Christmas party themes or catchy slumber party names for the holidays!
Christmas Sleepover Activities: What To Do At A Christmas Sleepover
Here are fun things to do at a Christmas sleepover and Christmas slumber party…
Ideas for Family Christmas Gift Exchange
Gift Exchange Theme Ideas:
- White Elephant Gift Exchange
- Stocking Exchange
- Christmas Gift Scavenger Hunt
- Musical Chairs Gift Grab
- Christmas Trivia
- Christmas Bingo
- Spin the Candy Cane (make a board that includes take a gift, gift a gift, pick a new gift and spin the candy cane!)
- Play Christmas dice games like this
Let us know your favorite Christmas slumber party ideas and we’ll add them to our list!
Christmas Sleepover Food Ideas
- S’mores Bar
- Christmas Cookie Decorating Station
- Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board
- Bethlehem Dinner
- Snowman Cheeseball
- Peppermint Bark
- Snowman Cake
Christmas Sleepover Games Ideas
What is a fun Christmas party game?
- Pin the Nose on Rudolph (or Carrot Nose on Rudolph)
- Plastic Wrap Ball Game (get free coal cards for them here)
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt or Treasure Hunt
- Reindeer Antler Toss
- Christmas Bingo
- Indoor Snowball Toss
Don’t forget to give funny gifts or treats to give away for prizes!
Some kids prefer playing board games to group games, so plan for the different activities that your guests might enjoy.
Also, remember that it’s easy to give overstimulated during the holidays (with all the excitement and extra sugar!).
Make sure that you create a quiet corner (or room) with low lighting, soft music and that there are some quiet games, coloring books, or art supplies available for time outs or escapes.
Prepare in advance and keep things simple.
Your Christmas sleepover party is sure to be fun and memorable for everyone who attends, whether they are young or old at your Christmas themed sleepover!
All ages will have fun with these Christmas sleepover ideas — fun Christmas sleepover ideas for adults and kids!