A flower bar party (also called a make your own bouquet bar or floral bar) is all the rage for hot trendy party ideas! Whether you’re looking flower bar ideas for bridal shower or a fresh flower bar baby shower, brunch activity, sleepover ideas for adults, girls night out party, or fun summer party craft ideas, this is a unique idea for parties that everyone will love!
How To Make A Flower Bar
For A Flower Bar Set Up, You’ll Need:
- An array of flowers of different sizes and colors (you can even make it a wild flower bar or a dried flower bar!)
- Greenery and accessories
- Flower bar cart to hold the flowers and flower supplies
- Vases for flower bar or containers for guests to arrange their flowers in
- Ribbon, twine, burlap (or other items like this to go with the theme)
- Floral scissors for each guest (and some regular scissors)
- Enough tables and seating for guests to spread out and work on their flower project
- Tablecloth or something to protect your surfaces
- Pitchers of water to fill the vases (unless you’re near a sink or hose)
- Tags so guests can attach their names to their flower vase (we love these)
- A flower bar stand where guests can place their flowers until the party is over (we love this one with the chalk sign!)
Keep scrolling for full build your own bouquet bar / DIY bar for flower ideas!
In case you’ve never heard of flower bar parties…
What is a flower bar?
A flower bar is a party where guests can create their own flower bouquets and flower arrangements. The party host provides everything that is needed — flowers, vases, floral accents, tools, etc. After, guests keep the arrangements they’ve made for an awesome party favor. A flower party bar is perfect for bridal showers, baby showers, springtime gathering, summer party, girls’ night out ideas, business brunch ideas, and more!
How many flowers do you need for a flower bar?
The amount of flowers you need for your flower bar (aka: flower bouquet bar) will depend on the size of arrangements you are making (dictated by the size of the flower vase), the size of the flowers, if you have any fillers (leaf stems, etc.), and how many guests for a flower bar.
- For medium to large flowers (think: peony flowers or a hydrangea bouquet), count 3-4 stems for a small vase flower arrangement and 6-9 stems for a medium flower arrangement.
- For smaller flowers (like roses), you’ll need more (around 8-12 stems for smaller arrangements and as many as 20 stems for a medium arrangement).
How does a flower bar work?
- Guests get vases for flower bar.
- Then, guests choose from a variety of flowers and greenery from a bar.
- Back at their seats, party guests have fun arranging their flowers into their vases.
- Enjoy this rest of the party with fun flower-themed food and drinks.
- Aftet, guests have a beautiful arrangement of flowers to take home to remember the day!
YOU’LL ALSO LOVE:
But, you’re probably wondering how much is a flower bar…
How much does a flower bar cost?
A custom flower bar package through an event company or florist can start at $500 and go up from there, depending on number of guests, types of flowers, and how involved you want the florist or event coordinator. (For example, do you want them to instruct guests on how to create a flower bouquet?) Other places may charge around $15/20 per person, but don’t do the setup or delivery, etc. DIY flower bar parties can start at around $100-150 and go up depending on flower types, amount, and other items.
Flower Bar Ideas and Tips
- Order flowers wholesale in bulk to save you money.
- Use in-season and local flowers to save money (talk to farmers at a local farmers market!).
- Consider using a variety of greenery (which can help decrease the cost because they’re fillers for flowers).
- The day before, stop by local florists and ask if they have any flowers, greenery, etc. they’re pitching out that day and offer to take the items off their hands if they’re in good enough shape to use. (Especially if you’re doing a flower bar on a budget!).
- Use chalk signs like this as a flower bar sign to welcome your guests.
- Like a vintage look? Head to the thrift store and get all different types of vases, cups, and bowls for flower vases. (Or, stick with budget-friendly flower party vases like large jars, or even old tin food cans with labels removed and twine tied around them make great vases!).
- Place cards or signs on the tables with flower bar instructions (remember: many people haven’t been to a flower party!).
- Don’t be afraid to set guest expectations with a flower bar menu. Set up stations and have signs that say “Pick 2 from this table” (for the more expensive flowers) and “Pick 4 from this table” (for the more inexpensive greenery and fillers), dried flowers for a dry flower bar station, etc.
- Want someone to cater the flower event for you? Search flower bar near me and talk to the event coordinator for bouquet bar flowers.
- Don’t forget food and drink! Keep it easy by making it a tea party with mini sandwiches or even drinks garnished with edible flowers, canapes, and even cookies made with edible flowers.
Want bridal shower flower bar ideas or a build your own bouquet bridal shower party? (YES!)
Whats A Flower Shower?
A flower shower is a simply using throwing a bridal shower (or baby shower) and making flower bouquets as part of the shower activities. It’s a creative way shower guests can connect and have a gift to take home at the end of the shower party.
How do you set up a bridal shower flower bar?
1. Choose your location wisely. You’ll need a table or counter that can accommodate all of your supplies, as well as enough space for guests to create their arrangements. If it’s nice weather and you have the space, make it a flower bar garden party in the backyard!
2. Set up your flower bar. Arrange the vases and containers on the table, and fill them with water. Then, start adding in your flowers! Make sure to mix up the colors and varieties so guests have plenty of options to choose from.
3. Let guests create their own arrangements. Once everything is set up, let your guests loose to create their own bouquets and arrangements! They can take as many or as few flowers as they like, and you can even provide some helpful tips on how to put everything together.
4. Take photos and enjoy! Be sure to snap some pictures of your guests with their finished creations. Your bride will definitely want those for a photo album later. (Or, better yet, create a photo album for the bride of everyone’s DIY flower bouquets and give it as a gift!)
How do you make a shower flower bar?
A DIY flower bar bridal shower is a fun, creative, and classy way to celebrate the bride and the upcoming wedding! (You can even do a flower bar for wedding activities at the reception instead of wedding favors!)
Flower bar ideas for bridal shower:
- Follow the bride’s theme colors and only have flowers in those colors and accents for those colors
- Serve floral themed food and floral cocktails and mocktails to carry through the theme of your flower bar DIY party
- Use the DIY flower bouquets as fresh flower centerpieces for a bridal shower during the party
- Send the shower guests home not only with their flower favors they made, but also attach a thank you to flower packets like these and place them in a basket on the tables so guests can also grow their own flowers at home! (Twine with a handwritten thank you tag on flower packets make super cute flower bar favors and will help your guests remember flower bar events when their flowers grow!)
A bouquet bar bridal shower (bridal shower make your own bouquet) really is the perfect shower idea!