The baby shower diaper candy bar game (aka: poopy diaper candy bar game or what’s in the diaper game) is one of those hysterical shower games that has everyone laughing.
Secret Tips For Playing The Baby Shower Diaper Candy Bar Game
The diaper candy bar guessing game (aka: diaper chocolate bar game or diaper challenge game) is a popular baby shower game. It’s an easy party game that everyone loves!
Dirty Diaper Candy Bar Game
How To Play The Candy Bar Diaper Game:
- Small disposable diapers or paper towels folded like diapers*
- Variety of chocolate candy bars* (see our secret tips for melting candy bars below for the best poopy diapers game)
- Clip boards or notebooks (something that people can write on)
- Small prizes for winners
KEEP SCROLLING to get the full melted candy bar diaper game rules and tips below — including the dirty diaper candy bar game template printable directions! *It’s more fun to use real diapers because the melted chocolate looks more like poo in diapers, which is the funny part of playing this game!
Before we get to how to play the candy bar game, here are some common questions people have about this game…
What Candy Bars Do You Use For The Diaper Game
You can use any kind of chocolate bars for the diaper game with candy bars. The type of candy bars for the diaper and candy bar game is really up to you! Just be sure that they’re popular brands that almost everyone would know and recognize.
Best Candy Bars For Diaper Game:
- Hershey’s Chocolate Bars
- Hershey’s Kisses*
- Three Muskateer Bars
- Milky Way
- Baby Ruth
- Reese’s Cups
- Nestle Crunch Bar
- Mr. Goodbar
- Almond Joy
- York Peppermint Patties
Some melt chocolates melt better than other, so be sure to see our game tips for the diaper candy baby shower game below!
MORE SHOWER THEMES – GREAT FOR CO-ED BABY SHOWERS : Diaper Keg Party Ideas
How To Melt Candy Bars For Diaper Game
To melt candy bars for the dirty diaper game, do not put the diapers in the microwave. Instead, individually melt each candy bar on their own paper plate until they are completely melted. Then, while still warm, spoon the melted chocolate onto a diaper. Repeat until all candy bars have been melted and the “poo” has been scooped into the diaper.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to number the diapers before scooping melted chocolate into them. Then, keep a list of the candy bar baby game answers. For example, #1 is Snickers, #2 is Twix, etc. (See full printable game instructions below.)
*GUESS THE CHOCOLATE DIAPER GAME TIP: If you’re wondering what chocolate to use for diaper game, know that Hershey’s Kisses don’t melt completely. So don’t keep microwaving them trying to get them to melt. They will just burn instead. However, you can warm them up and them mash them down with a piece of wax paper or back of a spoon.
Let’s get to how to make a DIY dirty diaper baby shower game and how to play the diaper game at a baby shower! (Printable guess the poop baby shower game rules below.)
How To Play The Melted Candy Bar In Diaper Game
The guess the candy bar diaper game is an easy diaper candy game for baby showers. It’s a really funny shower game and also a great ice breaker game because it gets everyone laughing.
I mentioned that you can play this game with paper towels or napkins folded like baby diapers, but it really is more fun to play the diaper poop candy bar game with real disposable diapers (or doll diapers like this) so that the chocolate melted looks like poop in dirty diapers!
(I know, it’s gross but hysterical! We laughed so hard at this game at my baby shower, especially when people took a little piece of the chocolate to taste to try to identify it!)
Here’s how to play the candy bar diaper shower game (and the candy bar baby shower game free printable directions)…
- Different chocolate candy bar brands
- Baby diapers (same number as candy bars)
- Clip boards or notebooks
- Pen for each guest
- Small prize or prizes for winners
- Paper plates
- Permanent marker
- Basket or tray for diapers
How To Prepare the Game (And How To Melt Candy Bars For Diaper Game)
- With a black permanent marker, number the baby diapers to correspond to the number of chocolate bars you have. Each diaper will have a different chocolate bar in it.
- DO NOT PUT DIAPERS IN THE MICROWAVE! Place one chocolate candy bar on paper plate and melt in microwave until completely melted. (*SEE BELOW) It's ok if they're liquid!
- Immediately scoop the melted chocolate bar into the inside of the diaper. Fold the diaper back. (It's OK if the chocolate gets smashed, runs, or is liquefied. Remember, you want it to look like baby poo and the diapers to look "dirty"!)
- Make a note on an answer sheet what candy bar you put in which number diaper. (Do this after you make each diaper so you don't lose track.) This will only be the answer key FOR YOU so you can read the answers at the end of the game.
- Repeat process until all chocolate bars have been melted and diapers made. Be sure to use a different paper plate for every candy bar.
- Place diapers in a basket or on a tray for the party.
How To Play The Name That Poo Baby Shower Game
- Give each player a clipboard and paper (or notebook) and pen.
- Tell players that the goal of the game is to identify the "poo" in the diaper (the candy bar) and then write the name of the candy bar next to the corresponding diaper number on their paper.
- Start by giving each guest a diaper. Guests can look inside the diaper, smell it, and even taste a piece of the melted candy bar it if they want. Then, they write their guess for that diaper number on their paper. For example, #1: Snickers. DON'T SHARE ANSWERS!
- Give each diaper around 30 seconds to 1 minute for guests to examine them. After that time, announce it's time to pass and guests have to pass the diaper to the person next to them. Repeat the process until all guests have a guess written by each diaper number on their paper.
- Read the answers from your answer sheet. The guest or the guests with the most correct wins a prize!
*Hershey's Kisses will not melt completely or until liquidy. The longer you microwave them, they more they will start to burn. I heated 3 Hershey Kisses for a few seconds until softened and then smashed them slightly until flat in the diaper.
Let us know how your guess candy bar game turns out!