Need Thanksgiving sleepover ideas for after your Thanksgiving party with family and friends? We have fun family Thanksgiving games, outdoor activities for Thanksgiving, and more fun ideas for your Thanksgiving holiday sleepover guests of all ages!
Best Thanksgiving Sleepover Ideas
If you’re wondering how do you make a family Thanksgiving fun, a holiday pajama party is a great idea! We’ve included our best sleepover Thanksgiving ideas and tips!
How to Have a Thanksgiving Sleepover
Tips for the Best Sleepover on Thanksgiving:
- Remind everyone to bring their own pillow and sleeping bag/blanket.
- Try to give everyone their own space to retreat to or relax in.
- Plan Thanksgiving games and activities for all ages — from toddlers to adults — to make your your Thanksgiving get-together more memorable and fun.
- Give out little favor packs to the guests with fuzzy holiday socks, toothbrush and toothpaste, glow sticks or mini flashlights, etc.
- Have a relax room with quiet music and dim lights or area with a movie or football game for people who just want to chill or are feeling overstimulated.
- Invite everyone to change into their pajamas or relaxed clothes after Thanksgiving dinner.
- Head outside for some outdoor Thanksgiving activities (and help kids run off all that dessert sugar!).
- Have everyone write in a holiday journal their favorite part of the day (and add to it every holiday each year!).
- Make it the ultimate sleepover for the kids with a teepee tent sleepover or one room where they can build a fort or spread out their sleeping bags.
- Plan some late night sleepover snacks or pull out the Thanksgiving leftovers later for those night owls who like to stay up.
- Make an easy breakfast for the morning after, like a crockpot breakfast casserole and hot chocolate bar.
(See our full holiday slumber party ideas and things to do at sleepovers below!)
ALSO CHECK OUT:
What can you do with kids on Thanksgiving Day?
- Watch Thanksgiving movies or Thanksgiving cartoons
- Read Thanksgiving children’s books
- Ask kids to help make a dish or dessert recipe for Thanksgiving dinner
- Play board games
- Decorate Thanksgiving cookies
- Let kids decorate (including letting them color the dinner tablecloth)
- Play video games
- Have a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving party (complete with the same Charlie Brown Thanksgiving food!)
- Write out your blessings on free printable gratitude pumpkins
- Offer fun Thanksgiving table activities (like printable Thanksgiving placemats)
- Do an after dinner nature walk (complete with scavenger hunt!)
What are some fun Thanksgiving games?
If you have fun at your Turkey Day party, add some hilarious thanksgiving games! These are Thanksgiving games for kids and adults!
Fun Thanksgiving Games To Play:
- Thanksgiving Pictionary
- Pin the feather on the turkey
- Turkey bowling
- Thanksgiving icebreaker games
- Pumpkin toss
- Turkey tag or flashlight turkey tag
- Saran Wrap Ball Game
- Candy Bar Game
- Paper Plate on Head Game
- Thanksgiving charades
- Thanksgiving Bingo
- Do You Really Know Your Family? (fun for Thanksgiving table activities!)
- Thanksgiving family charades
Fun Thanksgiving Games For High School Students, Teens, and Tweens
Your older kids and high schoolers are probably going to be the hardest to entertain at your party sleepover, which means you need some creative Thanksgiving sleepover ideas and activities.
Things for Tweens and Teens To Do At Thanksgiving:
- Mini pumpkin launcher (if you have a big backyard) — use this launcher with mini pumpkins
- TikTok challenges (with a Thanksgiving photo backdrop)
- Thanksgiving scavenger hunt selfie
- Thanksgiving MadLibs
- Escape Rooms
- OK Boomer! Trivia Game
- What Do You Meme?
- Bounce Battle
Thanksgiving Games for 4 Year Olds and Under
If you need Thanksgiving activities for preschoolers, younger kids, and toddlers, try these:
- Pin the hat on the turkey
- Turkey sticker play
- Thanksgiving bean bag toss
- Thanksgiving turkey felt play
- Leaf felt play
- Thanksgiving sorting or fall sensory bins
Outdoor Thanksgiving Activities
- Play thanksgiving outdoor games like cornhole, flag football or extra large lawn games
- Scarecrow making contest
- Mini pumpkin hunt
- Create a Turkey Trot obstacle course in your back yard
- Have fun with Thanksgiving scavenger hunt ideas like a nature scavenger hunt (free printable) (great for Thanksgiving outdoor activities for preschoolers and up!)
- Sack races
- Thanksgiving bonfire (complete with s’mores!)
MORE THANKSGIVING DAY FUN: WATCH FAMILY-FRIENDLY THANKSGIVING MOVIES
We hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving party!