Need teen white elephant gift ideas for a teen holiday party, teenager Christmas sleepover, or gag gifts for Christmas, or wondering what can I do instead of exchanging gifts for Christmas? Play the White Elephant gift exchange gifts for fun holiday ideas for teens and tweens and a great group party game for any time of year (and we even have directions on how does a white elephant gift exchange work if you’ve never played!).
BEST TEEN WHITE ELEPHANT GIFT IDEAS 2021
Whether you’re looking for funny cheap Christmas gifts, funny gift exchange ideas or gag gift ideas for Christmas, these are perfect white elephant gift ideas teenage girl or guy, youth group white elephant gift ideas, high school Christmas party ideas, and tween gift exchange ideas or even Secret Santa ideas!
So, what white elephant gift exchange gifts are the best?
What are some good white elephant gift ideas?
43 Cool Gifts For Teens For A Holiday Party Gift Exchange:
- AirPods or earphones
- Cool coffee drink tumbler and gift card to a local coffee shop
- Membership to a local museum, zoo, etc.
- Cash (wrapped in a really pretty box)
- Apple gift cards or Amazon gift cards
- Touchscreen winter gloves / tech gloves
- Eco friendly reusable straws
- Membership to a subscription box
- Box full of snacks
- Set of random vinyl stickers for laptops, phone cases, and drink cups
- Funny t-shirt
- Phone or tablet stand
- Lip balm set
- Gift card to a local movie theater
- Funny mug with gourmet hot chocolate packs
- Coupons to local events or small businesses
- Gift card for digital game downloads
- Card games
- Funny board games
- TikTok lighting set
- VSCO girl drink cup pack (drink cup, metal straw, save the turtles patches, lip balm, etc.)
- Mermaid tail blanket
- Poo “Jenga” Game
- Gourmet or unique chocolate bars (we got these one year and people still talk about it!)
- Screaming Goat (perfect gag gift for White Elephant swap!)
- UFO Cow Abduction
- Sushi sock set
- Mini corn hole
- LED photo clip lights
- Headphone hat
- 101 Pooping Puppies puzzle
- Scratchy notes set
- Shape shifting cube
- Mini blue tooth speaker
- Disco light drone
- Cinema light box with changeable message
- Poop Shoot game
- DIY journal set
- Box of retro candies
- Light up word clock
- Portable iPhone charger
- Temporary tattoo markers
- Chia poo head
Any item that would be fun gift exchange ideas for friends are great white elephant present ideas! Just be sure to set a gift cost limit and then stay within the limit! Also, sometimes it’s funny to include a bad gift or two that you KNOW people will want to get rid of to encourage swapping and gift stealing.
Keep scrolling for more festive gift exchange game ideas, more white elephant gifts for teens, and how to play White Elephant games!
DON’T MISS: Gift Exchange Theme Ideas
Before we get to the holiday gift exchange party game rules, you may be wondering…
What is a white elephant gift?
A white elephant gift is part of a Christmas gift exchange where party goers steal wrapped gifts without knowing what is inside. A white elephant gift usually has a set dollar limit (like $20) and can be any new present that the person wants to bring as a gift to exchange.
You can also put on the holiday party invitation what types of gifts to bring: luxurious, but impractical, or funny Christmas gag gift, gift cards only, or any gift within the price range. Just be sure you’re clear about any holiday theme or item requirements for gift exchange gift ideas on the invites.
Christmas Party Games For Teens
Is a white elephant gift new or used?
Unless otherwise stated by the holiday party invitation or host, a white elephant gift is always a new, wrapped gift that falls in within the price limit set by the party host.
About the White Elephant Gift Price Limit
When playing the white elephant swap game, you need to be aware of your guests and set an appropriate price limit. If you’re having a tween or tween holiday party, set the limit to be a $10 white elephant gift or $20 white elephant gift. That means each person shouldn’t spend more than $10 or more than $20 on a gift (but it can be less).
Always set a white elephant gift limit maximum! While gift exchanges are great Christmas party ideas for teens, remember that not everyone has the extra money for expensive gifts!
What do you wear to a white elephant party?
What you wear to a White Elephant party will be dictated by the host on the holiday party invitation. Some hosts have a theme white elephant party, where you dress following the theme. Others just have a regular Christmas party with a white elephant game as part of the party. Then, you would wear festive holiday sweaters, holiday party dresses, etc. If in doubt, ask the hosts what you should wear to the white elephant party event.
But what if you need to shop teen white elephant gift ideas at the last minute? No worries! We have one of the best ideas for white elephant gift exchange if you forgot you needed a gift!
Easy Last Minute White Elephant Gift Ideas
Gift cards are a great last-minute Christmas gift idea for a White Elephant party because you can run into a convenience store on the way to a party and then just throw it into a gift bag. For a holiday teen party think gift cards for coffee shops, fast food restaurants, a hot new video game console release or gamer membership, or even a popular teen clothing store. Gift card gifts are a perfect white elephant gift for male or female.
A gift card is also good for white elephant gift virtual holiday party because you can make a coupon for a gift card and then email a gift card to the winner. (For example, you can do a virtual gift card from Amazon.)
ALSO CHECK OUT THESE OTHER FUN HOLIDAY PARTY GAMES AND GIFT EXCHANGE GAME IDEAS:
(Gift bingo swap is one of our favorite alternatives to white elephant gift exchange!)
White Elephant Gift Rules
How To Play The White Elephant Gift Exchange
The goal of a White Elephant Gift Exchange Party is to entertain the party attendees while also getting a fun gift.
If you’ve never played, you’ll be surprised what the partygoers fight over for what becomes the highly sought after gift. (One year at our White Elephant Party, the most popular gift that everyone fought over was a fanny farting bank. FOR REAL.)
If you’re hosting a white elephant gift exchange but have never played the White Elephant game, here’s the white elephant gift process…
How do white elephant gifts work?
The White Elephant Gift Exchange Game works like this:
- Everyone attending the party brings one, wrapped gift within the budget limit. (You usually set and affordable price range like $10 white elephant gifts or no more than $20 gifts.) There should be one gift for each person playing the Christmas game. For example, if there is a family of four and each person wants to leave with a gift, that family needs to bring four wrapped gifts. Each gift should be wrapped so that it can’t be identified. (Sometimes we overwrap our gifts, like a box in a box in a box, to make them seem more enticing.)
- All gifts are placed on a table near where you are going to play the game.
- Party guests then sit in a circle. The first player (Player A) chooses a gift and unwraps the gift and sets it aside, but where other players can see it.
- The next player (Player B) has two choices: steal Player A’s unwrapped gift or choose a wrapped gift from the table. If Player B chooses Player A’s gift, player A chooses another wrapped gift from the table and unwraps it. It is then Player C’s turn. Player C can choose Player A’s unwrapped gift, Player B’s unwrapped gift, or a wrapped gift from the table.
- Play continues until the last wrapped gift on the table has been unwrapped and all players have a gift. When the last wrapped gift is unwrapped the game ends.
How do you pick a white elephant gift?
There are several ways to pick white elephant gifts:
1. USE SWAPPY THE WHITE ELEPHANT GAME
Swappy The White Elephant Game is a cute white elephant that has cards that you draw out of an area on his back. Each card gives a different direction for swapping and stealing gifts. It’s a really fun twist to a gift swap exchange!
2. GO IN ORDER
Have everyone sit in a circle. Choose a person to go first. After the first person plays, the person immediately to their left either chooses the first person’s gift or chooses a new gift. Game play continues in order around the circle until the last person has gone and there are no more new gifts to choose or unwrap.
3. DRAW NUMBERS
Have everyone draw numbers. (You can write out numbers for white elephant gift exchange or use this handy White Elephant Party Kit). Each party attendee goes in order of their number and follows the rules of either stealing a present from another person or choosing an unwrapped gift from the table. (We like this version because it skips around and you never know who is going next until you get to the number.)
What are your favorite Christmas exchange gift ideas or youth white elephant gift ideas?