Need fun HOCO proposal ideas? These homecoming proposals for guys and girls are creative ways to ask dates or friends to homecoming — from funny home coming proposal, candy proposal ideas, homecoming proposal sign ideas and even Taylor Swift HOCO ideas, we’ve got you covered!
Best HOCO Proposal Ideas For High School
Whether you need cute HOCO proposal ideas or something specific (like homecoming proposal ideas for cheerleaders, friend proposlas, or baseball players), you’ll find creative proposals for homecoming on this list!
Unique Homecoming Proposal Ideas
Scavenger Hunt: Create a fun and exciting scavenger hunt with clues leading your potential date to different locations around the school or town. At each location, leave a note with a hint for the next destination, and finally, have a surprise waiting for them at the end with the proposal.
Video Game Proposal: Design a custom level or mission in your potential date’s favorite video game. When they complete it, the final reward can be your homecoming proposal.
Photo Album Proposal: Create a photo album filled with pictures and memories you’ve shared with your potential date. Leave the last page blank with a note asking if they’d like to make more memories at homecoming.
Balloon Surprise: Fill a room with balloons and place a sign in the middle of them that says, “Pop me to find out who’s taking you to homecoming!” Inside one of the balloons, hide a small note with your invitation.
Message in a Bottle: Place a handwritten invitation inside a decorative bottle and leave it in a place where your potential date will find it, like their locker, mailbox, backpack, or on their desk.
Flash Mob Proposal: Organize a flash mob with your friends to perform a dance or sing a song in a public place. Your potential date can be in the crowd or even part of the flash mob, and the proposal can happen during the performance.
Movie Theater Proposal: Create a short film or slide show that includes pictures and messages leading up to the big question. Have a movie party at home and invite your date. Show your short film or slide show before the movie.
Fortune Cookie Surprise: Order custom fortune cookies with a special message inside, such as, “Will you be my date to homecoming?”
Candlelit Dinner: Set up a romantic candlelit dinner in a park, on the school’s football field, or even in your backyard. Have a friend or family member serve as a waiter/waitress, and reveal your proposal during dessert.
Under the Stars: If your homecoming friend loves astronomy or stargazing, invite your date to stargaze. Set up blankets and pillows in an open field, and use glow-in-the-dark stars to spell out “Homecoming?” or “Will you go to homecoming with me?” on a dark backdrop.
Bookworm Proposal: If your potential date loves books, create a custom book cover or insert a secret note inside the book they’re reading with the invitation.
Custom Puzzle: Give your date a custom jigsaw puzzle to solve. When they finish it, the completed image will reveal your homecoming proposal. You can make your own puzzle message with this.
Musical Serenade: If you play an instrument or sing or you’re both in band, serenade your potential date or play an instrument outside their window or in front of their friends (for maximum embarrassment!).
Pet Proposal: If your date loves animals, incorporate a furry friend into your proposal. Attach a note to a pet’s collar or have a friend dress up in a cute costume and deliver the invitation.
Local Landmark Proposal: Choose a well-known local landmark or attraction and incorporate it into your proposal. For example, have the proposal message displayed on a billboard or projected onto the side of a building or simply give them a postcard of the landmark with your invitation to homecoming.
Library Proposal: Have a book lover? Check out a book from the library and leave it at the front desk with under your friend’s name. Create a custom library card with your invitation and place it in your potential date’s favorite book at the library. Ask them to check the front desk and discover the surprise.
TIP: Scroll all the way to bottom where we list out specific homecoming proposals by sports and categories.
Homecoming Proposal Poster Ideas
Homecoming Proposal Sign Ideas:
- “You + Me + Homecoming = The Perfect Equation for a Magical Night!”
- “Our Chemistry is Undeniable – Let’s Spark Some Magic at Homecoming!”
- “Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, Homecoming with You Would Be Dream Come True!”
- “Adventure Awaits! Will You Journey to Homecoming with Me?”
- “Don’t ‘Leaf’ Me Hanging – Say You’ll Go to Homecoming with Me!”
- “Let’s Make Memories Under the Homecoming Lights – Be My Date?”
- “Lights, Camera, Homecoming! I Need My Leading Lady (or Lad) – Will You Go with Me?”
- “Our Love Story: Chapter Homecoming – Be My Co-Star?”
- “I’m ‘Game’ If You Are! Join Me for Homecoming?”
- “Score a Date with Me – Homecoming 2023!”
- “Time to Shine – Be My Homecoming Dance Partner?”
- “Life’s a Dance, and I Want to Dance It with You at Homecoming.”
- “Our Playlist Needs a New Hit – Will You Be My Homecoming Date?”
- “Unlock the Magic of Homecoming with Me – Say Yes!”
- “Let’s Create Our Own Fairy Tale – Homecoming 2023?”
- “You’re the Missing Piece to My Homecoming Puzzle – Say You’ll Go!”
- “Float on Cloud Nine with Me at Homecoming – Will You Be My Date?”
- “Picture Us at Homecoming – Will You Be My Date in This Year’s Frame?”
- “Turning the Page to Homecoming – Will You Join Me for the Next Chapter?”
- “Dive into the Magic of Homecoming with Me – Say ‘Sea’ You There!”
- “Charting a Course to Homecoming – Will You Be My Navigator?”
If you have creative HOCO proposal sign ideas let us know and we’ll add them to our list!
Homecoming Proposal Ideas With Candy
HOCO Proposal Ideas Candy Theme:
- M&M’s Proposal: Use M&M’s candies and a custom message that says, “M&M’s would be ‘Marvelous & Memorable’ if you’d go to homecoming with me!”
- Sour Patch Kids Proposal: Attach a note that says, “I know I can be a little sour sometimes, but will you be the ‘sweet’ to my ‘sour’ at homecoming?”
- Kit Kat Proposal: Present a Kit Kat bar with a tagline like, “Taking a ‘break’ from the ordinary – Will you go to homecoming with me?”
- Skittles Proposal: Use a bag of Skittles and say, “Our time together will be as colorful as a bag of Skittles – Will you be my homecoming date?”
- Gummy Bear Proposal: Gift a bag of gummy bears and write, “Life without you is ‘unbearable,’ so will you make it ‘beary’ special by going to homecoming with me?”
- Sweethearts Candy Proposal: Use Sweethearts conversation hearts to spell out your message, such as, “Homecoming with me? XOXO.”
- Chocolate Bar Proposal: Create a custom wrapper for a chocolate bar that says, “Our love is sweeter than chocolate – Be my date to homecoming?”
- Candy Ring Proposal: Place a candy ring pop in a box and ask, “Will you ‘ring’ in homecoming with me?”
- Cotton Candy Proposal: Gift a bag of cotton candy with a note that says, “Let’s spin some sweet memories at homecoming – Will you be my date?”
- Gumball Machine Proposal: Use a mini gumball machine with a sign that reads, “Don’t burst my bubble! Say yes to homecoming!”
- Chocolate Kisses Proposal: Create a trail of Hershey’s Kisses leading to a note that says something like, “Homecoming hugs and kisses?”
- Nerds Candy Proposal: Attach a message saying, “We may be ‘Nerds,’ but let’s have a ‘smart’ time at homecoming together!” (I love this one for friends going to homecoming together!)
- Jellybean Proposal: Present a jar of colorful jellybeans with a tagline like, “Don’t be JELLY – I picked you for homecoming!”
- Candy Wrapper Puzzle Proposal: Craft a puzzle using candy wrappers, and have your potential date assemble it to reveal the homecoming invitation.
- Mint Candies Proposal: “You’re ‘Mint’ to Be My Homecoming Date! Go with me?” with mint candies on the poster.
Do you have unique homecoming proposal ideas candy themes? Let us know and we’ll add them to our homecoming proposal list!
Homecoming Proposal Ideas Taylor Swift Theme
- “Love Story” Proposal: “Our love story deserves a dance – Will you be my homecoming date?”
- “Enchanted” Proposal: “I’d be enchanted if you’d go to homecoming with me.”
- “Speak Now” Proposal: “No need to wait for the perfect moment; the perfect moment is now. Will you speak now and be my homecoming date?”
- “Wildest Dreams” Proposal: “I never thought this night could be as amazing as my wildest dreams. Will you make it a reality and be my homecoming date?”
- “Delicate” Proposal: “Our love is delicate, but our dance moves won’t be. Will you dance with me at homecoming?”
- “Mine” Proposal: “You’re everything I ever wanted, and I want you to be mine at homecoming. Will you go with me?”
- “You Belong with Me” Proposal: “I’ve known it all along, you belong with me on the homecoming dance floor. Will you make it official?”
- “Shake It Off” Proposal: “Shake off any doubts and say yes to homecoming with me – It’ll be a night to remember!”
- “Blank Space” Proposal: “Our story is anything but a blank space. Will you help fill in the pages by being my homecoming date?”
- “Fearless” Proposal: “With you, I’m fearless. Let’s be fearless together at homecoming. Will you go with me?”
- “Welcome to New York” Proposal: “Welcome to the most exciting night in New York – homecoming! Will you join me for the adventure?”
- “Sparks Fly” Proposal: “Our sparks have been flying, and I want them to light up the dance floor at homecoming. Will you be my spark?”
- “Red” Proposal: “Paint the town red with me at homecoming – Will you be my date?”
- “Style” Proposal: “We’ve got that classic style, and I want to show it off at homecoming. Will you be my date?”
- “All Too Well” Proposal: “The memories we’ll make at homecoming will be ‘all too well’ worth it. Will you create them with me?”
How To Propose For Homecoming By Category
Homecoming Proposal Ideas For Friends
Custom T-Shirt: Create custom T-shirts with a playful or punny message related to homecoming. Wear the shirts and ask your friend, “Will you be my homecoming partner in crime?”
Pizza Party Proposal: Order a pizza and have the pizza delivery person write, “Will you be my homecoming sidekick?” on the box. Share the pizza together.
Scavenger Hunt: Organize a fun scavenger hunt with clues leading your friend to different locations. At the final destination, have a sign that says, “Will you be my homecoming buddy?” or “Let’s rock homecoming together!”
Photo Collage: Create a photo collage of your favorite memories together and present it to your friend with a note that says, “Let’s add more unforgettable moments at homecoming. Will you be my dance partner?”
Homecoming Survival Kit: Put together a “Homecoming Survival Kit” with items like mints, band-aids, and snacks. Attach a note that reads, “I’ll be your homecoming hero – will you be mine?”
Candy Proposal: Use your friend’s favorite candy to create a sweet message. For example, use Kit Kats and say, “I’ll ‘kit kat’ if you say yes to homecoming!”
Artistic Proposal: Create a piece of art or a funny caricature of both of you dressed up for homecoming. Present it with a note saying, “Let’s make some art together at homecoming!”
Friendship Bracelet: Make a friendship bracelet with the colors of your school and the word “Homecoming?” spelled out in beads. Give it to your friend as a surprise.
Comic Strip Proposal: Draw a comic strip featuring the two of you getting ready for homecoming and having a blast at the dance. Share it with your friend and ask if they want to make it a reality.
Homecoming Proposal Ideas For Cheerleaders
Spirit Sign Proposal: Create a giant cheerleading spirit sign with the words “Will you be my homecoming date?” and ask your cheerleader crush during a pep rally or a game.
Cheerleading Routine: Coordinate with the cheerleading squad to include your proposal in one of their routines during a school event. Your crush will be in for a surprise when they see you participating.
Pom-Pom Message: Spell out your proposal using mini pom-poms and hold it up during a game or a cheerleading practice for your cheerleader crush to see.
Custom Megaphone: Create a custom megaphone with your proposal message on it and present it to your cheerleader with enthusiasm and school spirit.
Spirit Gear Surprise: Gift your cheerleader crush a bag filled with spirit gear like a cheer bow, pom-poms, and a cheerleading jersey. Include a note that says, “You’ve got spirit, and I’d love to share it with you at homecoming!”
Cheerleader Costume: Dress up in a cheerleader costume and perform a cheerleading routine with your proposal message incorporated. Surprise your crush during a game or a pep rally.
Balloon Bouquet: Arrange for a bouquet of balloons in your school colors, and attach a sign that says, “Will you be my cheer-tastic homecoming date?” Leave it in your crush’s locker or surprise them at a cheerleading practice.
Cheerleader-Inspired Dance: Choreograph a fun dance routine with cheerleading-inspired moves and perform it in front of your cheerleader crush, ending with your homecoming proposal.
Cheerleader Themed Puzzle: Create a puzzle with a picture of a cheerleader, and when your crush completes it, they’ll reveal the homecoming proposal message.
Spirit Ribbon Proposal: Attach a homecoming proposal message to a spirit ribbon and present it to your cheerleader crush before a game or event.
Customized Cheer: Work with the cheerleading squad to customize a cheer that includes your proposal message. Your crush will be surprised and touched by the effort.
Cheerleader-Inspired Poster: Design a poster featuring a cheerleading theme and incorporate your homecoming proposal message, such as “Cheer me on at homecoming – Will you go with me?”
Homecoming Proposal Ideas Basketball
Hoop HORSE Proposal: Challenge your potential date to a game of basketball HORSE. If you win, you get to take them to homecoming. You can also Set up a mini basketball hoop and ask your date to play a quick game. When they make a shot, reveal the homecoming proposal message.
Basketball-Themed Gift Basket: Create a gift basket filled with basketball-related items like a basketball, team jersey, and snacks. Include a note that says, “It would be a ‘slam dunk’ if you’d be my date to homecoming!”
Custom Basketball: Present a basketball with a custom message written on it, such as, “Let’s ‘bounce’ into homecoming together!”
Jersey Proposal: Get a custom basketball jersey with your date’s name and the number “23” (for the year) on it. Present the jersey with a note that says, “Will you be my homecoming teammate?”
Basketball Ticket Proposal: Gift your date a basketball ticket with a note that says, “You’ve got the ‘golden ticket’ to be my homecoming date – will you accept?”
Dribble to Homecoming: Create a path with basketballs dribbled in a zigzag pattern or basketball obstacle course leading to a basketball-themed proposal setup.
Customized Basketball Net: Attach a homecoming proposal sign to the basketball net or hoop at your school’s outdoor court, and ask your date to take a shot with you.
Basketball-Themed Poster: Design a poster with a basketball theme and incorporate your homecoming proposal wording, such as “I’m ‘courting’ you to homecoming – Will you be my date?” or “Score a slam dunk and be my homecoming date!”
Homecoming Proposal Ideas For Football Players
The Locker Room Surprise: Decorate your potential date’s locker with streamers, balloons, and football-related decorations. Inside, leave a note that says, “I’d be the MVP of homecoming with you by my side. Will you go with me?”
Football Jersey Proposal: Customize a football jersey with your potential date’s name and the number “23” (for the year). Present it with a note that reads, “You’re my top draft pick for homecoming. Will you be my date?”
Football Game Proposal: Plan to attend a football game together, and when your date least expects it, pop the question on the bleachers or at a concession stand with a sign that says “I don’t want to tackle homecoming with anyone else but you!”
Football-Themed Scavenger Hunt: Organize a football-themed scavenger hunt around the school or local park, with clues leading to different spots. At the final location, present your homecoming proposal.
Pigskin Proposal: Decorate a football with your proposal message, such as, “Let’s tackle homecoming together. Will you go with me?” Give the football to your potential date during practice or as a surprise gift.
Game Day Sign: Create a game day sign with your homecoming proposal message, like “Touchdown to homecoming? Yes or No?” and hold it up during a football game where your date is playing.
Tailgate Proposal: Set up a surprise tailgate party before a game. Invite your potential date and reveal your homecoming proposal during the tailgate celebration.
Football Program Message: If your school has a football game program, submit a special message or ad with your homecoming proposal message.
Football Helmet Proposal: Customize a football helmet with a note inside that says, “I’d be helmet over heels if you’d be my date to homecoming!”
Homecoming Proposal Ideas For Dancers
Choreographed Dance Proposal: Create a dance routine that incorporates your homecoming proposal message. Surprise your potential date with this choreographed dance at a school event or during a dance class.
Dance Video Invitation: Record a dance video or TikTok dance featuring yourself or a group of friends dancing to a popular song. At the end of the video, reveal your proposal message and ask your potential date to join you for homecoming.
Dance Studio Surprise: Decorate your potential date’s dance studio with flowers, balloons, and fairy lights. When they arrive for practice, have a banner or sign that says, “Will you dance with me at homecoming?”
Custom Dance Shoes: Customize a pair of dance shoes with your potential date’s name and the question, “Will you be my homecoming dance partner?”
Ballet Slippers Proposal: Present a pair of ballet slippers with a note that says, “All signs ‘pointe’ to us going to homecoming together. Will you be my dance date?”
Flash Mob Proposal: Organize a flash mob with friends or fellow dancers to perform a dance routine at a school event. Conclude the routine with your homecoming proposal message.
Bouquet of Roses with Tutu: Gift a bouquet of roses along with a dance tutu and a note that says, “Dance with me at homecoming?”
Dance-Off Proposal: Challenge your potential date to a friendly dance-off or video game challenge. After the dance-off, reveal your homecoming proposal.
Homecoming Proposal Ideas Soccer
Soccer Ball Proposal: Write your homecoming proposal message on a soccer ball and kick it toward your potential date during practice or while playing around. When they retrieve the ball, they’ll find your message.
Jersey Proposal: Customize a soccer jersey with your potential date’s name and the number “23” (for the year). Present it with a note saying, “You’re my top pick for homecoming. Will you be on my team?”
Soccer Scarf Proposal: Gift your date a soccer scarf in your school’s colors. Attach a note that says, “We make a winning team – Will you be my homecoming date?”
Soccer Ball Art: Use mini soccer balls to spell out your proposal message in a creative display.
Soccer-Themed Scavenger Hunt: Organize a soccer-themed scavenger hunt with clues leading to different locations around the soccer field. The final clue can lead to your homecoming proposal setup.
Soccer Cleat Proposal: Tie a message to soccer cleats with a proposal message such as, “Kick off homecoming with me?”
Soccer-themed Photo Shoot: Organize a soccer-themed photo shoot and include your homecoming proposal message on a banner or sign in the photos.
Homecoming Proposal Ideas For Volleyball Players
Volleyball-Themed Sign: Create a large volleyball-themed sign with your homecoming proposal message. Stand on the sidelines during a volleyball game or practice, holding up the sign for your potential date to see with a message like, “Will you serve as my homecoming date?”
Custom Volleyball: Present a custom volleyball with your potential date’s name and the question, “Will you ‘set’ the date and go to homecoming with me?”
Locker Room Surprise: Decorate your potential date’s locker with volleyballs, streamers, and volleyball-themed decorations. Leave a note inside that says, “I’d ‘spike’ at the chance to go to homecoming with you!”
Homecoming Proposal Ideas Baseball / Homecoming Proposal Ideas Softball
HOCO Proposal Ideas Baseball or Softball:
Glove Proposal: Gift your date a new softball glove with a note that says, “I’d ‘glove’ to have you as my homecoming date” or “You’re a ‘Catch’ – Come to Homecoming with Me?”
Trophy Proposal: Give a baseball trophy or softball trophy with “Will you be my homecoming MVP?” on it.
Custom Baseball Jersey: Customize a baseball jersey with your potential date’s name and the number “23” (for the year). Present it with a note that says, “You’re my game MVP. Will you be my date to homescoming?”
Baseball Stadium Proposal: Arrange for a surprise proposal message to appear on the stadium’s Jumbotron during a game. Your potential date will be shocked when they see it.
Baseball Bat Proposal: Personalize a baseball bat with your homecoming proposal message written on it (like “I’m batty over you. Go to homecoming with me?”).
Baseball Card Proposal: Create a custom baseball card with a picture of your potential date and stats like “Homecoming Date: [Date].” Present the card as a collectible item.
Homecoming Proposal Ideas Cross Country
Cross Country HOCO Proposals:
Race to Homecoming: Create a mini race course Invite your potential date for a friendly race and, at the finish line, hold up a sign that says, “Will you run to homecoming with me?”
Custom Running Shirt: Customize a running shirt with your potential date’s name and the number “23” (for the year). Present it with a note that says, “We make a great team on and off the course. Will you be my homecoming date?”
Cross Country Trail Proposal: Write your homecoming proposal message along a popular cross country trail or path used for training. Invite your date for a run and have them discover the message during your jog.
Running Bib Proposal: Create a custom running bib with your homecoming proposal message, like “Run to homecoming with me?” Invite your potential date for a run or race and have them wear the bib.
Sneaker Message: Attach a not to their running shoes with something like “Let’s sneak into homecoming together!”
Cross Country Banner: Collaborate with your fellow cross country runners to create a banner with your homecoming proposal message. Unveil the banner together after a race or practice.
Running Scavenger Hunt: Organize a running-themed scavenger hunt with clues leading to different locations along a cross country trail. The final clue can lead to your homecoming proposal setup.
Water Bottle Proposal: Present your potential date with a custom water bottle with your homecoming proposal message, such as, “Let’s hydrate at homecoming!”
Running Medal Proposal: Create a custom “Homecoming Medal” with your proposal message written on it. Present it to your date as a unique invitation.
Finish Line Surprise: As your date crosses the “finish line” during a training run or race, be waiting with a sign that says, “Cross the finish line of homecoming with me?”
What are your favorite HOCO proposals ideas?
MORE PARTY IDEAS: HOW TO THROW AN AWESOME FOOTBALL THEMED PARTY